Building Division

Please Note the following:

  • Payment methods accepted: check or credit card
  • Business hours are 7:00am - 3:15pm


  • A signed Building Permit application, contract/proposal signed by property owner, and two (2) hard copies of the construction plans, product approvals/NOAs, and/or other documents detailing the work to be performed is required for all permit submittals. If the value is over $2,500, the signatures on the application must be notarized.
  • Current general liability/workers comp certificate required with every permit/subpermit submittal.
  • Incomplete or insufficient applications will not be processed.
  • All information must be legible. 
  • A copy of the recorded Notice of Commencement form is required for permits where job valuation is greater than $2,499, except for Mechanical permits where the job valuation is greater than $15,000. Please see the Palm Beach County website for this form/submittal requirements.

Electronic Submittals:

  1. Please submit completed permit application and documents in one (1) email to (copy fees will apply)
  2. The following types of permits may be submitted through email:                                       

     o    Exact AC change out

     o    Water heater

     o    Flooring

     o    Electric panel change out

  3. All permits must be paid for/picked up in person


For inspection scheduling please call (561) 841-3365 (prompt 1).


Take Northlake Blvd exit from I-95. Head east 2 miles to U.S. Highway 1. Take a left turn at the light and head north to South Anchorage Drive (approximately 1/4 mile). Village Square Plaza will be on your right. Park on the west side of the plaza and enter through the courtyard.

Flood Zone Information
It is very important for you to know if your property is located in a flood zone. Elevation Certificates for building permits may be required on properties within the Special Flood Hazard Area. Copies of Elevation Certificates for insurance purposes as well as flood zone determinations are available upon request. 

To download a copy of the Flood Information Request application, click here!  

To look up a property's flood zone, click here! 

To look up a property's permit/inspection history, please visit our Citizen Self-Serve.