Properties sometimes run up large amounts in fines and liens. There is a process for going before a magistrate to ask for a reduction. You may apply for a lien reduction by filling out the Request for Reduction of Fine/Lien Form. There is a $100 application fee. The fee includes one property inspection. Additional inspections are $35 each.
Before the property can go to a lien reduction hearing, several conditions must be met;
• The case that accrued the fines must be complied.
• The property is inspected by a code officer to assure that no other violations exist on the property.
• Any other properties, in the City, that are owned by the same owner/applicant are also inspected.
• Any monies owed to the City other than the fine that is being considered for reduction must be paid.
• Any expired permits must be completed.
Lien Reduction Forms
Once all conditions are met, the property will be scheduled for a hearing before a special magistrate. At the hearing, the applicant may give any testimony they would like the magistrate to consider, including any efforts to bring the property into compliance.
The magistrate will then make a decision on the amount (if any) the lien will be reduced and the amount of time to pay the reduced amount. Any reduced liens not paid in the time given will revert to the original amount and will not be considered for reduction for one year. The City accepts in person payments of cash, money order and credit/debit. In person payments can be made at Village Hall located 501 U.S. Highway 1, North Palm Beach, Florida, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Lien/Fine