Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, March 9th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package:
- ITEM 2: Consider on 1st reading, changes to the Village Comprehensive Plan affecting the site of the former Twin Cities Mall.
- ITEM 3: Consider on 1st reading, changes to Village Code affecting the site of the former Twin Cities Mall.
- Consider on 2nd reading, changes to the Village noise ordinance.
- Consider approval of a contract with All Florida Tree and Landscape for work on the Village golf course, at a cost up to $45,000.
- Consider approval of a $25,000 increase in a purchase order with GT Supplies for dumpster repairs.
- Consider appointment of a Representative and Alternate Representative to the Public Risk Management of Florida Board of Directors.
- Consider approval of a contract with Impact Sport Surfaces for the resurfacing of the gymnasium floor at the Community Center at a cost of $62,970.
- Consider approval of Comprehensive Pay Plan to revise positions within the Police Department, Community Development, and Parks and Recreation, adding nine seasonal Camp Counselors and a Deputy Village Manager position in the Village Manager's Office.
- Consider approving an agreement with the Palm Beach County Police Benevolent Association affecting the pay employees receive when working on a holiday.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach