Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, February 9, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package:
- Consider on 1st reading, amending the Village noise control ordinance to modify the decibel levels for unreasonable noise and enforcement procedure.
- Consider on 2nd reading a change to Village Code to ensure benefits for Police and Fire Department employees are compliant with current tax laws, and increasing the minimum distribution age under the Deferred option Benefits Plan.
- Consider on 2nd reading adopting a new property rights element to the Village Comprehensive Plam, as required by state law.
- Consider approving a contract with Perseverance Basketball to run and staff the Village's Spring Youth Basketball League at an estimated cost between $25,000 and $32,000.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Keyed Up Fence for replacement of Athletic Field Fencing at the Community Center at a cost of $19,900.
- Consider accepting a proposal from Advanced Recreational Concepts for the purchase of new playground equipment parts for Lakeside Park and approving a proposal from Play Space Services for the installation of the parts, at a cost of $7,638.
- Consider approval of a contract with the South Central Planning and Development Commission for Community Development Software at a cost of $49,400 for two years.
- Consider approving a resolution appointing Chuck Huff to as Village Manager; approving an agreement setting the terms and conditions of employment
- Listen to a summary presentation of the Police Department Annual Report.
- At the end of the Regular Council Meeting, the Council will conduct a workshop discussion about permitting of accessory dwelling units in the R1 Single Family Zoning District.
See February 9 workshop agenda
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach