Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, December 8th, beginning at 7 p.m. For more details, click the link at the bottom to the full agenda package:
- Consider amending Village Code to ensure benefits for police and fire department employees are compliant with current tax laws, and increasing the minimum distribution age under the Deferred option Benefits Plan.
- Consider approval of a new property rights element to the Village Comprehensive Plam, as required by state law.
- Consider approval of a contract with D.S. Eakins Construction Corp. for the purchase and installation of a water service line for the Country
- Club at a cost not to exceed $61,700.
- Get a staff update about building recetification (for residential buildings taller than three stories).
- Immediately after the meeting, the Council will hold a discussion about filling vacancies on Village boards and committees.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach