Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, October 27th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Presentation of a commendation to seven Village firefighters for their recent work assisting with hurricane recovery efforts in Port Charlotte, North Port, Punta Gorda and Bonita Springs.
- Consider an appeal of the Planning Commission's recent denial of a request for site plan waivers at 200 Yacht Club Drive.
- Consider on 2nd reading, approval of the Ad Hoc Residential Code Review Committee's recommendations to regulate the volume and massing of two-story homes, allowing the reconstruction of nonconforming residential structures under specified circumstances. At the 1st reading, the Council asked staff to make some language clarifications about design aspects of large walls.
- Consider two resolutions announcing the date and locations of the next Village general election and requesting that the County Supervisor of Elections certify the voting equipment and results.
- Consider approval of a contract for the annual July 4th fireworks show for $30,000.
- Consider extending a contract to provide amusement rides for the annual Village Heritage Day event and increasing the compensation to $55,860.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach