Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, October 13th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider an appeal of the Planning Commission's recent denial of a request for site plan waivers at 200 Yacht Club Drive.
- Consider on 1st reading, approval of the Ad Hoc Residential Code Review Committee's recommendations to regulate the volume and massing
- of Two-Story Dwellings allowing the reconstruction of Nonconforming Residential Structures under specified circumstances. The Council recently adopted the Committee's suggestions on new regulations for minimum landscaped area, overall building height and driveway widths.
- Consider suspending Council meetings on November 24th and December 22nd because of the holidays.
- Consider approving a proposal from Advance Recreational Concepts for the purchase of new playground equipment for Anchorage Park, and approving a proposal from Play Space Services for the installation of the equipment, construction of an ADA Compliant Pathway to the playground and the installation of mulch and sod at a cost of $55,530.
- Consider amending an agreement with First Unitarian Church for parking and authorizing extension of the term and changing the annual payment to $6,450.
- Consider a resolution approving a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Village and the Federation of Public Employees.
- Consider approving an Amendment to a contract with Hy-Byrd Incorporated to provide building inspection services and extending the term of the contract through September 30,
- Consider approving the purchase of an Envirosight Rovver X Crawler Camera to inspect the Village’s underground stormwater drainage system from Environmental Products of Florida at a cost of $84,000.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and to offer commentary about Village business. Council meetings are streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology is no longer used. If you want to submit a comment or question to be read by the Mayor at the meeting, please visit the Council comments page (the commenting function will be turned off at 4 p.m. on the meeting date to allow staff time to prepare submission for Council).
Watch live here (interactive Zoom technology is no longer be used)
See the full agenda package and related paperwork: This link goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion.
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach