Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, July 14th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider on second reading creating three tiers for stormwater fee assessments on single-family residential properties, based on parcel size. To read more about the stormwater fee assessment plan, visit the stormwater drainage project page on the Village website.
- Consider on second reading a change to the Village Code that limits private gatherings without a permit at Village parks to 10 people, raising that limit to 20 people.
- Consider appointing Acting Village Manager Chuck Huff as the Village Representative to the Governing Board of the Seacoast Utility Authority.
- Consider accepting a proposal from ICC Community Development Solutions for online permitting, planning, code enforcement and licensing software at a cost of $99,983 in the first year.
- Consider accepting a proposal from First Florida Insurance Brokers to provide property, casualty and workers’ compensation insurance at an estimated cost of $822,407 for the fiscal year beginning October 1st.
- Consider approval of a revised and updated Village employee Personnel Rules and Regulations Manual.
- Consider approving lane repurposing for U.S. Highway 1 and the submittal of an application for formal review of the lane repurposing project by the Florida Department of Transportation; and directing staff to pursue grant funding sources.
- Hold a discussion about proposed concepts for the Twin Cities Mall site.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. As of July 14th, Council meetings will continue to be streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology will no longer be used.
Watch live here (as of July 14, Council meetings will continue to be streamed live, but interactive Zoom technology will no longer be used)
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach