Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, February 24th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider on first reading approval of Ordinance 2022-04 adopting an additional $25,000 homestead exemption for taxpayers 65 years of age or older with limited income. If approved on second reading, the ordinance would reduce annual property tax revenues to the Village by about $22,000.
- Consider approval of a contract with Hazen & Sawyer in an amount not-to-exceed $19,656 to evaluate and update the Village’s Stormwater Utility Assessment.
- Consider approving a proposal from Superior Floor Coatings for the repair and epoxy of the golf course maintenance building floor at a cost of $29,180.
- Consider approving the purchase from Nick's Creative Marine of two Suzuki outboard engines for the police Marine Patrol boat at a cost of $44,500.
- Consider approving the acquisition of a Sutphen G9 Body Custom Pumper Fire Apparatus from South Florida Emergency Vehicles, approving a seven-year lease-purchase and declaring an existing Fire Engine as surplus property and authorizing its disposal.
- Consider accepting a proposal from J.W. Cheatham, LLC for milling, resurfacing and striping services of specified Village roadways at a cost not to exceed $700,000.
- Consider approval of the purchase of an Avior HD Broadcast System and hands-free meetings from Swagit Productions for Village Council and Planning Commission meetings at a cost of $36,690.
- Listen to a presentation of the Police Department's annual report.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. The meetings are streamed using Zoom technology, which allows participation on the internet and by telephone.
Watch or listen live here
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach