Here is a summary of the key issues the Village Council will address at their meeting on Thursday, January 11th, beginning at 7 p.m.:
- Consider on 1st reading a code amendment to allow for Board and Committee members to participate and vote via electronic means.
- Consider on 2nd reading an ordinance change to define and prohibit "fractional" ownership units and time-share units in the Village's Residential Zoning Districts.
- Consider on 2nd reading proposed updates to the Village's parking regulations and formalize the parking citation procedure.
- Consider authorizing the Village Manager to execute the required forms for participation in the Florida Plan for allocation of settlement dollars from opioid related litigation.
- Consider approval of a final plat for the Prosperity Village Planned Unit Development.
- Consider approval of a collective bargaining agreement with the Professional Firefighters/Paramedics of Palm Beach County
- Consider approval of a proposed resolution designating the sections of the Village Code to be enforced by Civil Citation and establishing a fine schedule.
- Discuss building recertification.
- Discuss parking regulations relating to the storage of utility trailers and the restriction of on-street parking near Lakeside Park.
- Discuss the potential allocation of funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
Residents are encouraged to attend meetings in person and offer commentary about Village business. The meetings are streamed using Zoom technology, which allows participation on the internet and by telephone.
Watch or listen live here
The link below goes to the full agenda package (large file needs time to open). Once it opens, click the small number next to the agenda item to see the supporting material that Council members review for the discussion:
See the full agenda package and related paperwork
For more information, contact:
Village of North Palm Beach