At their meeting on Thursday, March 16th, the North Palm Beach Village Council took the following actions:
- Administered oaths of office to Councilmembers David Norris and Susan Bickel, then selected Norris as Mayor, Bickel as Vice Mayor, and Councilmember Darryl Aubrey as President Pro Tem for the upcoming year.
- Issued a resolution formally accepting the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report after listenin to a review by a financial consultant.
- Approved on 1st reading, a proposal to amend the Country Club budget to use $200,000 in fee revenues to fund capital projects at the Country Club.
- Approved an agreement with the state Division of Emergency Management to accept FEMA grant funds.
- In other business, the Village Attorney said the Village received a Request for Relief under the Florida Land Use and Environmental Dispute Act (FLUEDRA) from the owner of the 200 Yacht Club Drive property. The property owner is challenging the Village Council’s rejection of the property owner’s appeal of the Planning Commission’s denial of its site plan and appearance review application with waivers. FLUEDRA is a non-binding mediation proceeding overseen and directed by a special magistrate. The Village and the property owner are in the process of choosing that magistrate. If a hearing is scheduled, it will be open to the public and notice will be sent out.
Watch the March 16th Village Council meeting and see the full agenda package
The Council’s next regular meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 13th at 7 p.m. The public is welcome to attend in person or watch online here.
For more information contact:
Village of North Palm Beach