Lien Search

Determining Lien Status

When a property sale is anticipated, title companies submit requests to the Village Clerk’s Office for a search of Village records to determine if there are any outstanding liens or assessments against a property. In addition, a search for active code violations, active code cases or open building permits may also be requested. The Village Clerk’s Office issues lien certifications with this information upon written request.

If you are a title company and want to request a lien/assessment, open code violation/case and open building permit information, please download, complete and return the following form:

Search Request Fees:

Lien Search Request $75.00
Open Code Case Search Request $50.00
Open Permit Search Request $50.00

Please include a check payable to the Village of North Palm Beach and mail to the following address:

Attn: Village Clerk
Village of North Palm Beach
501 U.S. Highway 1
North Palm Beach FL 33408

If you wish to receive a printed original lien certification, you must include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request. If you prefer to receive a response electronically, please provide an email address.

If you are a property owner, contractor or individual seeking only open code violation/case or open building permit information please download, complete and return one or both of the following forms to the Community Development Department at the address or email indicated on each form.

Determining Corporate Limits

The property must be within the corporate limits of North Palm Beach. Some properties with a North Palm Beach mailing address are not within the Village’s municipal limits. Please call the Clerk’s Office at 561-841-3355 if you need to verify that property is within the corporate limits of North Palm Beach, or check the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser’s website. Properties in the Village of North Palm Beach will have a parcel control number that begins with 68.

Recorded documents may be viewed on the Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller website by selecting the Official Records Listing.