Solid Waste Division
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the collection and disposal of residential and commercial garbage, trash, bulk items, vegetation and recycling within the Village.
NEW Holiday Collection Schedule:
On weeks when there is no Monday service because of a Monday holiday, crews now pick up GARBAGE on Tuesday and Friday, and pick up recycling on Wednesday and Thursday.
Regular Collection Schedule:
Materials must be placed by 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Monday - Garbage & vegetation Village-wide.
- Tuesday - Glass and plastic recycling pickup (blue bin), plus bulk items at single-family homes.
- Wednesday - Garbage & yard vegetation Village-wide.
- Thursday - Paper and cardboard recycling pickup (yellow bin), plus bulk items at multi-family homes.
- Friday - Garbage & yard vegetation Village-wide.
*Solid waste pickup service is designed to collect only the items that are placed in the designated waste containers. This means that any personal items left in the recycling bins or waste containers will also be collected and disposed of. The Village of North Palm Beach cannot be held liable for any personal items that are mistakenly placed in the recycling or waste containers and subsequently collected by our Solid Waste team.*
- Contractors and hired individuals for lawn and tree services are required to haul away any vegetation, branches, etc. that they trim. Vegetation debris can be left for pickup only if it was created by the homeowner or tenant.
- Building contractors and handymen are required to remove construction debris.
- Garbage - Anything that fits into your bathroom, kitchen, or exterior garbage can. Solid waste material generated from the preparation of food, non-recyclable food containers and wrappers, discarded clothing, and disposable items such as diapers, paper towels, and cleaning rags.
- Trash - Items too large for a garbage can, but one person could carry it to the curb (i.e. chair, microwave oven, etc.). These items are collected curb-side. Please make two separate piles, one for vegetation and one for trash/bulk items. Do not mix trash/bulk items with vegetation.
- Bulk Item - Item too large for garbage can, but two people could carry it to the curb (i.e. refrigerator, mattress, furniture, etc.)
- Vegetation/Yard waste - Is defined in Section 14-31(a) of Village Ordinances as "grass clippings, leaves, shrub trimmings, palm fronds, and tree limbs. Yard waste shall not include dirt, rocks, and similar materials removed from property utilizing mechanical equipment or other waste resulting from land clearing activities.
Items Not Collected by the Village:
- These hazardous waste items are not collected:
- Any type of battery
- Boat parts and internal combustion engines
- Car parts
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Propane tanks
- Used motor oil/filters
Visit the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County's Hazardous Waste page for more information or call the Collection Facility at (561) 640-4000 for drop-off hours and locations.