Please Note the following:
- When using the E-Permit Service, you must fill out the permit application completely and attach it to your email.
- Incomplete or insufficient applications will not be processed for permitting
- All information must be typewritten or legibly printed
- A Notice of Commencement is required for Structural, Electrical and Plumbing permits where job costs are greater than $2,500 as well as Mechanical permits where the job costs are greater than $7,500.
Procedures to Submit E-Permit Application
- Complete the Permit Application (available upon request) (2 pages)
- Attach the signed and notarized application to the email
- Submit the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a notification that your email has been received; Note: This acknowledgement does not imply that the application is complete or sufficient.
- Submit original signed and notarized application, two (2) hard copies of the construction plans (2 sets must be signed and sealed), details and product approvals within five (5) business days
- With all applications we require a copy of the contract; contract shall be signed by the owner or authorized agent.
- We will contact you after receipt of the documents and payment can be made at that time.
**DO NOT SEND PLAN SHEETS, DETAILS OR SPECIFICATIONS VIA EMAIL**
Bins are placed outside of the Community Development Department Office for dropping off documents. Pick ups will be scheduled by appointment.
For inspection scheduling please call (561) 841-3365 (prompt 1).
Take Northlake Blvd exit from I-95. Head east 2 miles to U.S. Highway 1. Take a left turn at the light and head north to South Anchorage Drive (approximately 1/4 mile). Village Square Plaza will be on your right. Park on the west side of the plaza and enter through the courtyard.
Flood Zone Information
It is very important for you to know if your property is located in a flood zone. Elevation Certificates for building permits may be required on properties within the Special Flood Hazard Area. Copies of Elevation Certificates for insurance purposes as well as flood zone determinations are available upon request.
To download a copy of the Flood Information Request application, click here!
To look up a property's flood zone, click here!
- When and why do I need a building permit?
- How long will it take for my permit to get approved?
- How much does the permit cost?
- Can I begin work/demo prior to the permit being issued?
- Can I submit a building permit application online, via facsimile, or mail?
- How do I schedule inspections and inspection times once I have my permit?
- Can the Building Department recommend a good contractor?
- Does the Building Department have copies of my house/condo plans?
- Why do I need to have a copy of my contract?